What Dangers Are Lurking in Your Crawl Space?
The crawl space in your home is an area most people tend to forget about. And if you’re not keen on the idea of being in a dark enclosed space to begin with, inspecting it and cleaning it may be the last thing you want to do.
And we don’t blame you. Who knows what you might find there? The average crawl space is home to all kinds of pests and problems that can damage the infrastructure of your home and cause harm to the health of your family.
So if you haven’t checked or cleaned your crawl space in a while, it is worth having it professionally inspected and cleaned. It could save you a fortune by preventing further damage to the structure of your property, and also prevent potential health risks to your family.
Potential Crawl Space Problems
- Moisture: Excessive moisture in your crawl space can cause extensive structural damage to your home. It can even cause the growth of mildew and harmful molds. We can use specialized equipment to remove moisture from your crawl space and prevent further damage.
- Mold and Mildew: Mold and mildew are potentially hazardous to the health of your family.
- We can inspect your crawl space for mildew and mold growth, carry out tests to identify the type of mold, and use the correct methods to remove it from your crawl space. We also offer ventilation solutions to prevent further mildew and mold growth. If you have mold in your crawl space it is vital that the problem is dealt with quickly to protect the health of your family.
- Animal or Pest Intrusions: Some animals and pests love to make warm, dark areas like crawl spaces their home. And the trouble is they can cause extensive damage to your property and unbearable odors.• Once the animal or pest intrusion has been corrected, we can repair any damage they have caused and remove the odor.
- Odors: If you have an unidentifiable odor in your home, it may be coming from your crawl space. Odors in your crawl space can be caused by a number of problems. We can identify the cause of your unpleasant odor and eliminate it quickly.
- Humidity: We use state of the art industrial strength dehumidifiers to remove excess humidity from your crawl space. And we can install a vapor barrier that prevents excess moisture from penetrating through the walls and floors to protect the structure of your property. And in some instances we may recommend the installation of ventilating fans.
- Dirt and Debris: If your crawl space has been neglected for a considerable length of time, we can remove and dispose of all dirt and debris for you.
- Damage to Property: If your property has already suffered damage due to pests and crawl space problems, we can repair this for you. And, if you’re making a claim through your insurance company, we can bill them directly.
Why wait another minute? If you’ve neglected your crawl space, or you suspect that you may have problems you owe it to yourself and your family to have a thorough inspection. Remember, problems in your crawl space can cause your family health problems, and damage to the structure of your property.
Put your mind at rest by giving us a call at: (858) 429-9323